Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 7 – A Song That Reminds Me Of A Certain Event

Sooo many memories - from such an amazing life so far - which event/s to go with? mmmm

Okay first up : the 1990 Commonwealth Games here in Auckland, New Zealand. I was picked as the Ceremonial Announcer for the Cycling so was lucky enough to be on TV most nights annnouncing medalists etc - very exciting times...



Second major event - the first show I ever directed - By Degrees by New Zealand playwright - Roger Hall - this was one of the opening numbers... (and also one of the greatest Kiwi hits of all time!)



and another Major Event - my first Rock Concert - Electric Light Orchestra at Western Springs I think I was 12 or 13 - here they are with Mr Blue Sky (still brilliant music!)



and the final one - seeing my first "Big Show" in London - which just happened to be on a rainy Sunday afternoon sometime in 1977 - a little show called A Chorus Line with the original London Cast! ENJOY (this version is some 30 years later (ouch!) at the opening of the 2007 Tony Awards)

No comments:

Post a Comment