Sunday, May 1, 2011

Demonstrating how overrated you think a musical is.

mmm now THIS will be interesting - In My Opinion (and ONLY MY OPINION so please don't take offense okay!)and I am putting my name to this - unlike some OTHER BLOGS I can think of....

My Most Overrated Musical is......... drum roll please...... GREASE!!!

Having been in Grease and seen 5 school versions of it - I really just don't think it works as a musical - The original movie is perfection and unless you can faithfully recreate this show - well please just don't! (and don't get me started on the morals!)



and My Second Most Overrated Musical is...... smaller drum roll .... MAMMA MIA!

My reasons for this - is quite simply ABBA were a phenomenon that will never be replicated and the show, with it's ridiculous plot twists and turns and excuses to put in an Abba number just do not work - the movie was fun - only because of the incredible acting skills of the cast - but as a musical? Well I PASS... and I HAVE seen this live so at least I tried (and wasted a @#& load of $$$ trying to like it)... and as I am trying to be fair I will post a video but unless you want to go to the Dentist for the saccharin performances I recommend you miss it...

No comments:

Post a Comment